Name: Peter D Askew
Affiliation: Industrial Microbiological Services Ltd (IMSL)
Bio: Peter is a microbiologist with a particular interest in the interaction between microorganisms and materials and industrial processes. He has worked with many industries and has extensive knowledge of the application of biocides in processes and materials. He has a particular interest (and expertise) in measuring of the performance of materials that have been treated with the intention of creating self-disinfecting surfaces, especially with regards modelling their end use and supporting regulatory compliance.
Name: Steven Stanley
Affiliation: Light Coatings Ltd / NATEP
Bio: Dr Steven Stanley has over a decade of experience with coating processes, optical coatings design and equipment specification for precision, ophthalmic and functional thin films coatings and has worked across the thin film and engineering sector. He brings a wealth of background in varied technologies and their potential application to many device types. As well as working with Light Coatings Steven also works part time with the NATEP programme, supporting SME’s within the aviation industry to develop applications for IUK funding and providing support and guidance with their continued project development.
Name: Dimitrios A. Lamprou
Affiliation: Queen’s University Belfast
Bio: Dimitrios Lamprou (Ph.D. MBA) is a well-known expert in Emerging Pharmaceutical Technologies (e.g., 3D Printing & Bioprinting, Electrospinning & Electrospraying, Microfluidics, and BioMEMS) for Drug Delivery Systems, Medical Devices & Implants. He is the author of over 100 peer-reviewed publications and of over 250 conference abstracts and has over 100 Oral Talks in institutions and conferences across the world. His research and academic leadership have recognised in a range of awards, including the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain Science Award and the Scottish Universities Life Sciences Alliance Leaders Scheme Award. For more info please visit https://www.emergingtechnologieslab.com/
Name: Peter Collins
Affiliation: Peter Collins Coatings Consultancy Ltd
Bio: A consultant with expertise in coatings technology and polymer science, based on over 40 years industrial experience. A creative problem solver, with a record of leading teams in developing profitable new products, and understanding modern manufacturing techniques, to achieve high quality and world class efficiency.
- Technical Director at PRA, responsible for international coatings research, consultancy and laboratory service: analysis, testing and microbiology.
- Technical Manager at Sonneborn & Rieck Ltd (now Fujichem Sonneborn Ltd), responsible for R&D of industrial coatings across international markets.
- ICI Paints (now AkzoNobel) development and stewardship of architectural paints ranges. His last appointment was as UK Manufacturing Excellence Manager responsible for product quality and manufacturing efficiency.
IMSL is a specialised microbiological testing and consultancy service based in laboratories and offices near Fleet in the UK. Work is confined to materials and industrial systems (eg coatings, adhesives, plastics, textiles, spin finishes, paper and disinfectants). IMSL is highly active in the development of testing methodologies for the determination of the performance of treated articles especially with regards to supporting claims made for them at a regulatory level.
Light Coatings Ltd
Consultancy and contract R&D in vacuum thin film coating processes and characterisation. We have facilities for testing, physical property characterisation and manufacturing of R&D development batches specifically for NPD development.
Represented at the Think Tank or non-affiliated (consent required for either)
Peter Collins Coatings Consultancy Ltd
- Market opportunity analysis for raw materials and products
- Value stream mapping
- Project portfolio management and project leadership
- Product specification, design, formulation, application and performance testing
- Expert practitioner in statistically designed experimentation (DOE) for product formulation
- Patent landscape mapping, information searching and knowledge management
- Quality management systems including ISO9001; TS15949; ISO17025
- Advanced product quality planning (APQP)
- Failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA) to eliminate potential defects
- 8D problem solving for root cause analysis and implementation of preventive measures
- Lean Manufacturing and manufacturing process improvement
- Fast changeover to improve overall equipment efficiency (OEE) on filling lines (SMED)
- 5S implementation in paint and resin plants to improve workplace organisation
- Statistical process control (SPC) to keep processes running in a stable manner
Location SE England